Thursday, March 17, 2011

Project Pitchfork - Timekiller



Timekiller has been one of my favorite songs for years. It was released on Project Pitchfork's 2001 album Daimonion. The lyrics for this song have often been stuck in my head for longer then should be healthy, yet I tend not to mind in the least. For those who are curious as to the source of the band's name, they got it by picking two words out of a dictionary at random.

The video fits the song perfectly. With Peter Spilles playing the part of a writer who, through obsession, begins to lose his mind. There have been many times that I have been able to relate to his character. Unknown amounts of time passing as I feel just driven to write. Realizing how much time has slipped by only when that damn day star alerts me to the fact that I should have attempted sleep hours ago.

Sometimes the writing seems to just sap the sanity out, yet I don't mind. As this slightly crazed state seems to increase my ability to create. Getting caught up and lost in the words, yet never losing their meaning. Whatever sanity I might lose goes right into each paragraph.
Facebook Digg Stumble Delicious Twitter Reddit Technorati

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(For me) the lyrics has the interpretation which fits any obsession/addiction