Monday, October 27, 2008

And So It Begins...

So after much prodding I have finally decided to try this whole blogging thing. I would like to introduce myself, I am Cyc. This was a nickname given to me that is short for encyclopedia, as my friends soon learned that they did not need Google when I was around.

I would like to welcome all to The Rantings of a Gothic Atheist. Why choose this name you might ask (or maybe you might not, but that wouldn’t matter as I’m going to tell you either way). I personally see no evidence for any higher power, as such I see no other logical conclusion then the null hypothesis. Don’t worry, I’m not about to kick any puppies or eat any babies (as I’m a vegetarian this would be out of the question anyway, unless you have some sort of freaky tofu baby and in that case I may just have to make an exception). The gothic part comes in as to my rather, shall we say…eccentric mode of dress. This has led to many people knowing who I am and my being left in a state of confusion as to how they know me (thankfully it seems to mostly be in a good way).

You may have already picked up on my love of parenthetical asides (they are ever so much fun). I shall also warn you about my rather odd habit of speaking in third person. No, Chris has not gone insane (for the most part), he is just a touch eccentric (I much prefer eccentric to crazy).

I have a passion for the sciences that some may say borders on obsession. Through the lens of science I have seen a universe that is more beautiful then my mind could ever hope to fully comprehend. This love of the workings of the universe has driven me to learn all I can about it. It has also pushed me to attempt to grant those around me a glimpse of reality as I see it.

I hope to use this blog as a way to display this passion for others to see. I plan to primarily write about atheism, the sciences and anything else that might have grabbed my interest at the moment. I am open to any helpful criticism that anyone wishes to offer, but please be respectful. If not to me then at least to the other posters.

So sit back and (hopefully) enjoy my various rantings and ravings.



Facebook Digg Stumble Delicious Twitter Reddit Technorati

No comments: